The Rili are a social humanoid species.
Average height: Adult males: 150cm—160cm; Adult females: 145cm—155cm
Average weight: Adult males: 54kg; Adult females: 51kg
Average lifespan: Males: 100 years; Females: 110 years (max. recorded 146 years)
Skin: Skin color ranges from ashy white to dark-grey. Females are darker than males but lighten as they age. Children are also darker than adults. This is evolutionarily for reasons of camouflage since Rili evolved primarily in dark forests; it was easier for females with young to hide in shadows/dark areas and thus preserve the species. In modern Rilin aesthetics, darker females are considered attractive. All Rili have a stripe of paler skin down their spine, known as the pfokala.
Hair: Hair color can be yellowish gold, light orange, brown, pale grey, or black. Hair consistency is usually thick but individual hairs tend to be fine. Facial and body hair is sparse in both sexes. Males have very little chance of obtaining any facial hair until after the age of about 35. Hair and nails grow very fast for Rili. This results in hairstyles being quite long. But toenails and fingernails have to be cut frequently so that the Rila is not harmed by their own toes and fingers. Nails of the fingers and toes have a dark tint to them.
Eyes: The eyes are larger and farther apart than a human's. Eyebrows often extend over into the hair. Eye color can be blue, violet, grey, black, or brown. Golden-yellow and green eyes are also possible, but only about 1 in 300,000 Rili have this. Eyesight is very keen. The rods of the Rilin eye are very sensitive, giving them excellent vision in darker conditions. Rili can consciously control the dialation of their eyes.
Neurology: Rili have a physical “sixth sense” which allows them to sense the neuroelectrical pulses of a living brain. They can sense the presence and relative distance of any type of organism with a central nervous system, and can also distinguish between higher life forms (such as another Rila or other hominid) and lower life forms (a squirrel or deer).
Gestation and Endocrine System: The onset of puberty usually begins around 18 yrs of age for females and 21 yrs for males. Gestation lasts for ten months. The hormonal cycles of the Rilin female last typically 15 days. The menstrual period thus lasts on average around 3 days.Miscellaneous Anatomy and Physiology:
- Rili are very physically flexible and agile, due to high levels of collegen in their bodies. About 65% of all Rili have a slight split in the tip of the tongue.
- The sides of the Rilin neck (called the mɛsli) are very sensitive to both pleasure and pain.
- Fingers and toes are often long and tapered with square tips and small nail bases.
- The stomach has three parts.
- Wiggling and moving the ears is easy.
- Rili typically need 9 hours of sleep each night.
- Rilin metabolism is on average higher than that of humans. For this reason, obesity is relatively rare.
- Facial features tend to be very fine and sometimes sharp.
- The pads of the feet (and to a lesser extent the hands) are covered in a thicker gripping skin called samankɛn. These developed because of the Rili evolution in forested areas; they were originally a tree-dwelling species.
- The ears taper backwards slightly and often have tufts of hair on the upper ridge.